Experienced Operator Training – Slinger / Signaller
SOLAS / QQI
This programme was introduced to facilitate plant operators that do not have a CSCS card but have experience deemed adequate following submission of an application, accompanied by documentary evidence to support it.
Who should attend :
All trainees must be over 18 years of age, be a holder of a valid Safe Pass Card and have a minimum 6 months experience on a continuous basis which must be signed of on by employer and applicant. A recent passport photo and PPS must also be provided.
Delegates per course :
Course Summary :
– Skills Validation which incorporates the above plus PowerPoint presentation (SOLAS)
– Pre inspection of lifting gear and certification of both the crane and lifting gear
– Introduction to and use of hand signals
– Introduction to and use of Two way radios and outlining no of lifts to be carried out
– On Site practical familiarisation with the machine. This is followed by the theory exams which will lead to break time
Each candidate will be allowed a specific timeframe to complete the tasks required. Each applicant must complete these tasks in that recommended timeframe and must demonstrate that he/she has the necessary skills, ability and knowledge base to complete the tasks required of them.
Course Duration :
On successful completion the applicant will receive a five year CSCS card and QQI certificate.