The (VQ) Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations — Supervising Lifts will develop knowledge and skills in areas such as lifting operations and developing and maintaining good working relationships.
This qualification covers the following areas:
– supervising lifting operations using lifting equipment in the workplace
– co-ordinating and organising the control of work in the workplace
– allocating and monitoring the use of plant, equipment or machinery in the workplace
– maintaining the dimensional accuracy of the work in the workplace
– co-ordinating preparation work for site or lifting operations in the workplace
– allocating work and checking people’s performance in the workplace
What does this qualification cover?
As this is a competence-based qualification, learners will be acquiring the knowledge and skills required through on-the-job experience or in a learning environment.
This qualification has a range of pathways and is linked to typical job roles that learners will encounter within the industry
Learners may progress from the (NVQ) Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations — Supervising Lifts at Level 4 to a qualification at Level 5 in (NVQ) Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations — Planning Lifts (Construction).
The (NVQ) Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations — Supervising Lifts at Level 4 can lead to employment in the construction industry and provide invaluable practical experience to learners who aspire to the more technical professions which exist in construction.
Trained Operator to Competent Operator
– Develop and Maintain Good Working Relationships
– Supervising Lifting Activities
– Maintain Systems for Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Protection
– Co-ordinate Work Control
– Allocate and Monitor the Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery
– Maintain the Dimensional Accuracy of the Work
– Co-ordinate Preparation for Site Operations
– Allocate Work and Check People’s Performance