The aim of the NPORS Dozer Training Course is to provide delegates with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a Wheeled or Tracked Dozer to the NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) standard.
Successful delegates will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
Who Do We Recommend Attends The NPORS Dozer Training Course?
All personnel required to operate a Wheeled or Tracked Dozer.
- The roles and responsibilities of a Crawler Tractor operative
- Principle components of the machine, the basic construction, controls and terminology/li>
- Configuration for travel on site and across a range of terrains/li>
- Configuration for excavating duties/li>
- Pre and post use checks/li>
- Shut down and securing procedures/li>
- Loading and unloading procedures/li>
- Hazards, underground and overhead services/li>
- Manoeuvring in a range of space/li>
The duration of the training course depends on the experience and number of delegates, and the ratio of delegates / machines per Instructor.
Health and Safety Training and Testing
It is recommended that all delegates complete the NPORS specific health and safety test.
Testing / Certification
All delegates will undertake the NPORS assessment and on successful completion will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
Where does this training take place?
We have an approved test training centre in Knockdrin, Co. Offaly, Ireland.
It is 5 minutes from the M4 motorway with close links to Dublin and Belfast.
Click here for directions to the training centre.
Training can also take place at customer’s premises if facilities meet the test criteria.