The aim of the NPORS Construction Safety Awareness Training Course is to provide delegates with the basic knowledge and practical skills relating to Health and Safety Awareness on a Construction site to the NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) standard.
Successful delegates will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
Who Do We Recommend Attends The NPORS Construction Safety Awareness Training Course?
All personnel on a construction site.
- The need to prevent accidents
- Health and safety law (Legal requirements and liabilities)
- How your role fits into the control and management of the site
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Performing safely and asking for advice
- How to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident
- Individual responsibilities for own safety and the safety of others
- Typical construction hazards and these are controlled
- Legal requirements and liabilities
- Working at Height
- Manual Handling
- Fire Prevention
- Work Equipment
- Occupational Health
- How everyone can achieve better practical standards of safety on site
The duration of the training course depends on the experience and number of delegates, and the ratio of delegates / machines per Instructor.
Health and Safety Training and Testing
It is recommended that all delegates complete the NPORS specific health and safety test.
Testing / Certification
All delegates will undertake the NPORS assessment and on successful completion will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
Where does this training take place?
We have an approved test training centre in Knockdrin, Co. Offaly, Ireland.
It is 5 minutes from the M4 motorway with close links to Dublin and Belfast.
Click here for directions to the training centre.
Training can also take place at customer’s premises if facilities meet the test criteria.