The aim of the NPORS 4×4 Off Road Training Course is to provide delegates with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a 4×4 Off Road to the NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) standard.
Successful delegates will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
Who Do We Recommend Attends NPORS 4×4 Off Road Training Course?
All personnel required to operate a 4×4 Off Road.
- Comply with legal requirements emphasising safe practice.
- Identify risks associated with using a 4×4 vehicle off road.
- Select and use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Understand the main causes of accidents.
- Identify the controls and components of the vehicle.
- Perform pre-start checks.
- Prepare the vehicle for use off road.
- Assess the suitability of the ground/route.
- Identify and report faults.
- Perform a failed hill climb.
- Drive over a variety of terrain (appropriate to the vehicle type).
- Perform an on-site risk assessment.
- Identify the loading/towing capacities.
- Understand legal and practical requirements for off road driving
- Identify the dangers of vehicle self recovery
The duration of the training course depends on the experience and number of delegates, and the ratio of delegates / machines per Instructor.
Health and Safety Training and Testing
It is recommended that all delegates complete the NPORS specific health and safety test.
Testing / Certification
All delegates will undertake the NPORS assessment and on successful completion will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
Where does this training take place?
We have an approved test training centre in Knockdrin, Co. Offaly, Ireland.
It is 5 minutes from the M4 motorway with close links to Dublin and Belfast.
Click here for directions to the training centre.
Training can also take place at customer’s premises if facilities meet the test criteria.