The aim of the NPORS Safe Working at Height Training Course is to provide delegates with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating at Height to the NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) standard.
Successful delegates will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
Who Do We Recommend Attends The NPORS Safe Working at Height Training Course?
All personnel required to Working at Height
Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities when working at height
- Be able to define height work and identify the hazards of work above ground level and outline the general requirements necessary to control them
- Be able to identify accident causation in work at height
- Have an appreciation of planning and organisation of work at height
- Set up exclusion zone explaining actions required for emergency actions, identifying any overhead hazards
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for safe working at height use
- Demonstrate working at height and explain all safety issues that could arise
The duration of the training course depends on the experience and number of delegates, and the ratio of delegates / machines per Instructor.
Health and Safety Training and Testing
It is recommended that all delegates complete the NPORS specific health and safety test.
Testing / Certification
All delegates will undertake the NPORS assessment and on successful completion will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
Where does this training take place?
We have an approved test training centre in Knockdrin, Co. Offaly, Ireland.
It is 5 minutes from the M4 motorway with close links to Dublin and Belfast.
Click here for directions to the training centre.
Training can also take place at customer’s premises if facilities meet the test criteria.