The NPORS Appointed Persons – Lifting Operations Training Course Objectives
Foundation and Experienced Worker variants of the course are available to cater for all levels of experience. Delegates must have 2 years minimum experience in the role before they are eligible for an Experienced Worker course. A Foundation course will typically span 4 to 5 days, whereas an Experienced Worker course is shorter and typically takes 2 days.
Successful candidates will have sufficient knowledge and information to safely plan lifting operations for mobile cranes on a busy construction site
This course includes the following elements:
- Introductions to the qualification, why it is essential and the relevant legislation surrounding this role, including the LOLER regulations
- The roles and responsibilities of the Appointed Person
- Crane stability and planning lifting operations
- Mobile cranes and planning lifting operations
- Drawing workshops to plan lifts
- Routine maintenance of relevant plant machinery
- Safe working procedures
- Pre-use and post use procedures
The duration of the training course depends on the experience and number of delegates, and the ratio of delegates / machines per Instructor.
Health and Safety Training and Testing
It is recommended that all delegates complete the NPORS specific health and safety test.
Testing / Certification
All delegates will undertake the NPORS assessment and on successful completion will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
Where does this training take place?
We have an approved test training centre in Knockdrin, Co. Offaly, Ireland.
It is 5 minutes from the M4 motorway with close links to Dublin and Belfast.
Click here for directions to the training centre.
Training can also take place at customer’s premises if facilities meet the test criteria.