This qualification will develop knowledge and skills in areas such as general health, safety and welfare, and conforming to productive working practices. Learners can specialise in preparing, guiding and placing suspended loads.
This qualification covers the following areas:
– attaching and preparing suspended loads for movement using lifting accessories in the workplace
– guiding, positioning and placing suspended loads in the workplace
– conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
– conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is suitable for:
– workers who need the qualification to meet legislative requirements
– workers wishing to progress into a supervisory position
– people in employment who wish to enhance their career prospects
– individuals who wish to start their own business
– full-time and part-time study
There are no specific skills, knowledge, understanding or any other qualifications that must be achieved in order to start this qualification, however learners must have the potential and opportunity to gain this qualification successfully.
Entry to the qualification is at the discretion of the centre.
This qualification is mainly taken by individuals employed or seeking employment as:
controlling lifting operations
Learners may progress from the level 2 VQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations — Slinger/Signaller (Construction) Controlling Lifting Operations — Supervising Lifts (Construction) in Controlling Lifting Operations — Planning Lifts (Construction).
The Controlling Lifting Operations — Slinger/Signaller (Construction) can lead to employment within the construction industry.
Trained Operator to Competent Operator
– Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
– Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
– Attaching and Preparing Suspended Loads for Movement Using Lifting Accessories in the Workplace (Slinger Signaller – all occupations)